Welcome followers and visitors to my blog and another update in my photography Beginner’s Guide to Photography.
This week I will be continuing to look at Portrait Photography and looking at an image by Irving Penn.
As I have stated in previous articles one can learn so much about photography by looking at; and, talking about other photographers’ work.
Portrait Photography may be defined as;
- simply creating a likeness of a person, especially of the face.
- a good quality image that not only captures a person’s physical likeness but also something of the person’s character, generally in a manner that is attractive and pleasing to the subject.
- simply the depiction of an individual
- recording the physical form and features of the portrait sitter including characterisation, personal context, possible relationships and often a connection with that persons life, lifestyle and work.
- conveying a very real and intense sense of…
View original post 1,062 more words