By Charles Robert Lindholm
My pen is filled
with indigo ink
that are whispered
into my ear
my Favorite Muse
words of love
tickle my ear
as you taunt me
and tempt me
to write what
you want from me
You make it
and make the
need to be made
to express what
you said you
want to say
with my words
I’ll try my best
to capture your
my indigo ink
do them justice
Copyright © 2017 Charles Robert Lindholm – All Right Reserved
This post is part of SoCS:
PingBack: SoCS – 11-25-17 INDIGO INK | thereluctantpoet
Stream of Consciousness writing is the most- exciting kind of writing for me! It makes me feel like one of the poets of old who is struck by an idea or the beauty and mystery of a single word (or maybe whispered by their Muse) and just starts writing and ends up with a wonderful blossom of a poem!
Come join in the fun of Stream of Consciousness Saturday promts?
Here are the very simple rules:
1. Your post must be stream of consciousness writing, meaning no editing, (typos can be fixed) and minimal planning on what you’re going to write.
2. Your post can be as long or as short as you want it to be. One sentence – one thousand words. Fact, fiction, poetry – it doesn’t matter. Just let the words carry you along until you’re ready to stop.
3. There will be a prompt every week. I will post the prompt here on my blog on Friday, along with a reminder for you to join in. The prompt will be one random thing, but it will not be a subject. For instance, I will not say “Write about dogs”; the prompt will be more like, “Make your first sentence a question,” “Begin with the word ‘The’,” or simply a single word to get your started.
4. Ping back! It’s important, so that I and other people can come and read your post! For example, in your post you can write “This post is part of SoCS:” and then copy and paste the URL found in your address bar at the top of this post into yours. Your link will show up in my comments for everyone to see. The most recent pingbacks will be found at the top. NOTE: Pingbacks only work from WordPress sites. If you’re self-hosted or are participating from another host, such as Blogger, please leave a link to your post in the comments below.
5. Read at least one other person’s blog who has linked back their post. Even better, read everyone’s! If you’re the first person to link back, you can check back later, or go to the previous week, by following my category, “Stream of Consciousness Saturday,” which you’ll find right below the “Like” button on my post.
6. Copy and paste the rules (if you’d like to) in your post. The more people who join in, the more new bloggers you’ll meet and the bigger your community will get!
7. As a suggestion, tag your post “SoCS” and/or “#SoCS” for more exposure and more views.
8. Have fun!
Inspired by Vintage Sapience’s “Indigo Dreams“