Cooking is both rewarding and challenging. Whether you’re just starting out or have been honing your kitchen skills for a while, there are likely some mistakes you might still be making. Here are a few common cooking mistakes and some easy solutions to correct them.
Deep Fried Food Too Greasy
– Make sure the frying oil is heated to between 325 and 400 degrees. Hotter oil repels water.
– Frying in smaller batches helps maintain hot oil temperature.
Rubbery Hard-Boiled Eggs
– Immediately submerge cooked eggs in cold water to halt the cooking process.
Overcooked or Soggy Pasta
– Heat oil in a large shallow pan and add drained pasta.
– Add plenty of salt to the water. This helps prevent sogginess by roughing up the surface.
Come back tomorrow for more cooking mistakes and how to correct them.