Coconut, Cocos nucifera L., is a tree that is cultivated for its multiple utilities, mainly for its nutritional and medicinal values. It is the unique source of various natural products for the development of medicines against various diseases and also for the development of industrial products. The parts of its fruit like coconut kernel and tender coconut water have numerous medicinal properties such as antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral, antiparasitic, antidermatophytic, antioxidant, hypoglycemic, hepatoprotective, immunostimulant.
Here are a few benefits of coconut :
- Support immune system health with its antiviral, antibacterial, anti-fungal, and anti parasitic properties.
- Provide a natural source of quick energy.
- Improve digestion and absorption of nutrients.
- Improve insulin secretion.
- Help remove free radicals which cause premature aging and degenerative disease.
- Improve good cholesterol (HDL) levels.
- Restore and support thyroid function.
- Help protect against kidney disease and bladder infection.
- Promote weight loss.
- Help prevent wrinkles, sagging skin, age spots.
- Provide sun…
View original post 11 more words