Understand the pain cycle
Chronic pain can become a vicious cycle. Here’s an example of back pain.
– You treat your back pain with pain medicine.
– The pain continues and the medicine doesn’t work the way you want.
– You avoid being active because you don’t want to re injure your back
– With less activity and muscle conditioning, the pain gets even worse.
– At the same time, you can’t get out and be social due to pain.
– You’re anxious or depressed about being stuck at home and in pain, so you don’t want to do anything.
– That lack of mobility can make the pain even worse.
– Brings us back to > You treat your back pain with pain medicine
Even though it hurts, it’s important to continue moving through pain to stretch and strengthen your muscles. Be sure to follow your doctor’s advice for…
View original post 104 more words