You can catch up!
Lost sleep can add up. The average adult should be getting at least seven hours of continuous sleep. For every hour below this number, you’re collecting sleep debt. And you’re not alone.
Among American adults:
- 63% say they’re not getting enough sleep.
- 37% say they are so tired during the day, it interferes with their normal activities.
- 75% experience at least one symptom of a sleep disorder a few nights a week or more.
It can take up to four hours of makeup sleep to recover from one hour of missed shut-eye. So it’s important to stop sleep debt in its tracks. Left alone, it can lead to long-term problems like:
- Weight gain
- High blood pressure
- Adult onset diabetes from high blood sugar
- Heart disease and stroke
- A weakened immune system
- An increased risk for accidents at work or behind the wheel
- Mental health issues
But, with some…
View original post 167 more words