“Some days there won’t be a song in your heart. Sing anyway.”
Thank you, Spidey, for finding a wonderful quote exampling resilience.
I wanted to consider resilience with you all, today, after finishing my first week back to school, with the children.
We were faced with a whole school filled with children, the majority of which haven’t stepped foot inside the school building for over five months, and some, the youngest, who have never been to school, before.
I was dreading it.
Not only the safety aspect, but the wellbeing of the children.
- How many would come in distressed?
- Are they all going to be happy to be coming back to school?
- What might they have witnesssed, or experienced during lockdown?
- Have any children experienced bereavement?
- What backsteps have been taken, academically?
- How much work to we have to do to get them back on track?
View original post 366 more words