Be Sure To read this
Have you ever had the persistent feeling that you were out of place, or felt a sense of sadness that you will never know what will happen to your great-great-grandchildren? Some of these strange feelings have names.
See how many you have experienced:
- Sonder – The realisation that each passerby as a life as vivid and complex as your own.
- Opia – The ambiguous intensity of looking someone in the eye, which can feel simultaneously invasive and vulnerable.
- Monachopsis – The subtle but persistent feeling of being out of place.
- Enouement – The bittersweet of having arrived in the future, seeing how things turn out, but not being able to tell your past self.
- Vellichor – The strange wistfulness of used bookshops.
- Nodus Tollens – The realisation that the plot of your life doesn’t make sense to you anymore.
- Onism – The frustation of being stuck in just one body…
View original post 255 more words